Almost a month after its launch in China, Huawei’s latest and greatest foldable phone has finally arrived on the worldwide market. The Mate XS 2 has been officially launched in Europe, along with a slew of smartwatches and fitness trackers.
The features are identical to those of the Chinese model. It has the same 7.8-inch OLED display with a resolution of 2480 x 2200px and a refresh rate of 120Hz. The screen folds into a 6.5-inch display that fits in one hand. The phone is lighter than its predecessor, despite its greater size.
The phone has only a single 8GB/512GB memory capacity and is powered by Qualcomm’s flagship Snapdragon 888 4G CPU from last year. Huawei’s EMUI 12 runs on top of HarmonyOS 2.0 in terms of software.
A 50MP primary sensor sits alongside a 13MP ultrawide sensor and an 8MP telephoto camera with 3x optical zoom on the rear of the phone. 66W wired charging is supported with the 4,600 mAh battery.
The Huawei Mate XS 2 will cost a whopping €1,999 when it goes on sale.
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8350 Snapdragon 888 4G (5 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 680 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 680 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 680)
- GPU: Adreno 660
- OS: HarmonyOS 2.0, EMUI 12
- Supported Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G
- Display: 7.8 inches, Foldable OLED, 1B colors, 120Hz (Unfolded), 6.5 inches, OLED, 1176 x 2480 pixels (folded)
- RAM: 8GB
- Internal: 512GB
- Card Slot: Nano Memory
- Rear: 50 MP, f/1.8, (wide) + 8 MP, f/2.4, 81mm (telephoto) + 13 MP, f/2.2, 120˚ (ultra wide)
- Front: 10.7 MP, f/2.2
- Colors: Black, White, Purple
- Fingerprint Sensor: Side-mounted
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Battery: 4600 mAh, fast charging 66W
- Price: €1,999